Positions are permanent, temp to hire or fill-in. Immediate openings
for Dental Assistants I & II; Dental Receptionist; Dental Hygienist;
and Dental front office personnel.
We're the jobs people. Staffing companies match millions of people
to millions of jobs.
- 2 million people per day are employed by staffing companies.
- 1 million new jobs have been created by staffing companies
over the past eight years.
- 79 percent of temporary employees work full time, virtually
the same as the rest of the work force.
The staffing industry offers flexibility to both employees and
companies. People can choose when, where, and how they want to work.
Companies can get the skills they need to keep fully staffed during
- 64 percent of temporary employees say flexible work time is
important to them.
- 28 percent of temporary employees say they work for a staffing
company because it gives them the flexibility and time to pursue
- 81 percent of companies cite labor force flexibility as the
overriding reason for employing contingent and temporary workers.
Temporary and contract work provides a bridge to permanent employment.
People can try out a prospective employer and showcase their skills
for a permanent job.
- 74 percent of temporary employees say it's a way to get a permanent
- 72 percent of temporary employees obtain permanent jobs while
working for a staffing company.
- 40 percent of assigned employees are looking for their first
permanent job or are reentering the job market.
Many people choose temporary and contract work as an employment
option. They can select their work schedules and choose among a
variety of diverse and challenging assignments.
- 45 percent of temporary employees prefer the alternative arrangement
over traditional employment.
- 43 percent of temporary employees say needing time for family
is an important factor in their job decisions.
- 29 percent of temporary employees say they work for a staffing
company because they like the diversity and challenge of different
The staffing industry provides free training for millions of temporary
and contract employees to help meet today's demand for skilled workers.
- 90 percent of staffing companies provide free training to their
- 4.8 million temporary employees received skills training worth
$720 million in 1997.
- 70 percent of temporary employees say they gained new skills
through their assignments.
Sources: American Staffing Association, U.S. Bureau
of Labor Statistics, the Conference Board