> I.V. Dental Sedation Training
Course Session Dates:
Session 1: August 4-6, 2017 (Didactic)
Session 2: August 11-13, 2017 (Didactic)
August 18-20, 2017 (Clinical)
Total CE Credits:
Approximately 100 hours (issued by Conscious Sedation Consulting)
Program Standards / Certification:
This program is designed to meet and exceed the requirements to obtain an intravenous conscious sedation permit in most states*. Participants will also receive Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification. For more information, visit the Conscious Sedation Consulting course page.
FREE Dental Clinic for Patients
Treatment Rendered August 18-20, 2017
Conscious Sedation Consulting is coming to Winston-Salem, NC to provide
education and training to local dentists learning about Sedation Dentistry. Part of this amazing
course requires that these dentists perform basic dental needs on at least 20 patients per doctor. This is an amazing opportunity for many patients to receive FREE dental treatment and Sedation!
We are looking for patients who are willing to have dentists practice starting IV's and administer
light levels of sedation while receiving FREE dental Treatment!
Learn More & Register Online...
Training Course for Dentists
Dental Office Solutions is proud to facilitate I.V. Sedation Training for Dentists, brought to you by Conscious Sedation Consulting, the nation's leading provider of continuing education and training on procedural sedation, airway and medical emergency management to medicine and dentistry.
This i.v. sedation dentistry course is a comprehensive "mini-residency", and includes a minimum of 60 hours of didactic / classroom education, and direct participation in administering i.v. sedation to 20-30 clinical dental cases while being observed. Advanced training in airway management and medical emergencies included. Total CE credits will be approximately 100 hours.
This course was developed and is presented in accordance with the American Dental Associations "Practice Guidelines for Teaching Comprehensive Control of Pain and Anxiety in Dentistry (Part III)", and "Practice Guidelines for Sedation by Non-Anesthesia Providers" by the American Society of Anesthesiology. This leading parenteral moderate sedation training program teaches titration to affect with single and multiple sedative drug techniques in a faculty, participant, assisting staff, patient, and clinical setting. All necessary equipment, supplies, medications and patients will be provided for clinical sedation training.
If your goal is to incorporate intravenous sedation into your dental practice, this course was designed specifically for you.
- To prepare the dentist to incorporate safe IV sedation administration into practice
- Properly access and obtain appropriate medical history and assessment of patients to determine suitability of moderate sedation
- Understand the regulations and requirements of state legislation / dental boards, to adhere to national standards and guidelines
- To explain and understand agonist-antagonist effects and pharmacokinetic properties of commonly used sedative agents
- To recognize and react to medical emergencies while providing leadership and direction to others involved in resuscitative efforts
- Manage the airway using basic and advanced equipment and techniques
- Effectively utilize monitoring, pharmaceuticals and rescue equipment
- The didactic portion of this course will consist of at least 60 hours of instruction, in the form of lecture, power point presentations, demonstrations, and hands on practice utilizing simulation and live participant volunteers.
- As part of the training participants will receive Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications, along with intensive hands on airway management training utilizing simulation and be able to demonstrate proficient ventilation with multiple airway devices.
- Following completion of the introductory phase of the lecture/demonstration series, the participant will begin the clinical participation component at which time he/she will improve his/her IV sedation and venipuncture techniques. Anesthesia providers and conscious sedation trained dentists will be supervising at all times.
- Successful completion of a written exam will be required at the completion of the didactic and clinical portions of the program.
- Assisting/Monitoring staff will be encouraged to attend portions of the training.
- Participant must hold a dental or medical degree
- Participant must be licensed to practice dentistry or medicine in a given state
- Participant must have current malpractice insurance**
- Current BCLS certification must be obtained prior to the course
How To Register:
All registrations and payments must go through Conscious Sedation Consulting. Class size is limited, and early registration is encouraged. A deposit of $3750.00 is required to register (total course fee: $12,500.00), and the final balance is due prior to the first session. The registration fee includes bringing up to two dental assistants for the third session (clinical). Attendance by assistants is recommended, but not required.
Contact Conscious Sedation Consulting to ask about their easy, no interest payment options: 888-581-4448 or email@example.com.
Hilton Garden Inn
Hanes Mall 1325 Creekshire Way
Winston-Salem, NC 27103
For reservations, call: (336) 765-1298
*Please review your state requirements.
**Please bring proof of malpractice insurance coverage to first meeting.